Wednesday, September 1, 2021

 

Reflection on ICT integrated lesson for August month, 2021

Lesson information

One of my ICT integrated lessons for class III English was taught on 16th August 2021 about types of letters that they should be able to write in class III.  Before explaining on how to write personal letter, class was made clear with types of letters and its features. 

In this 21st century education system, ICT has greatest impact in every field for both teachers and students. For teachers it helps in delivering the lesson through different modes whereby students get more interacted and engaged into the lessons due to various opportunities. For this particular lesson I made students to watched short video clip on types of letters and how to write personal letter. Students were very much interested and attracted by the video clip and found active participation in watching the video clip. After the video clip session, I presented my power point slides to explain and make them clearer with what they have seen in the video. 

First and foremost, I explained the types of letters that they should know in class three. I explained what formal and informal (personal) letters are. Then, I informed the class about the day’s topic “Personal letter” letter to our friends, families, parents and relatives.  I first explained the features of writing informal or personal letter thereafter I related my sample letter with that of the sample that they have watched in the earlier video, finally, I made children to copy the sample letter and informed groups to come up with new sample referring to the sample displayed on the power point screen or to the example that they have copied in their note book. On the whole lessons become livelier and more interesting if our lesson is integrated with ICT.

Merits of ICT integrated lesson

In today’s classroom teaching and learning, teachers and students as a main consumer of ICT, we all strive for the one dream – the dream of a connected life and easier ways of doing day to daily works. This makes ICT a lifestyle choice for much of the learning process. In addition, this lifestyle choice is changing the way we communicate, increasing the rate of consumerism, and changing how we interact and gather information at the fastest rate.  ICT has invaded and transformed many aspects of our lives besides classroom teaching and learning to the extent that we live in an environment that is dominated by technology around the globe.

 De-merits of ICT integrated lesson

As there is always disadvantages after advantages, let me share some of the challenges encounter during lesson. At times children are found too dependent to the internet for any types of learning activities which results lack of reading and writing habits unlike the traditional system. At times students download whole information from the net and leads to wrong information and plagiarism. If we are to assign ICT integrated lesson to students as a home work student from low-income family may not afford computer, smart phones and data package to make access to the internet. So, these are some challenges our students may face at this period of time.

 Future Improvement 

In sum, not all types of lesson can be incorporated with ICT. It can be best use if a lesson topic and activities demand for particular period of time, where students can make good use to provide productive results. For lower classes students they should be trained to use available resources of technology to communicate and collaborate with friends and teachers efficiently otherwise they will land up in wasting time and resources.

 Relevant documents

   

sample personal letter

Real Classroom Teaching

chick on Power point to view a slide.



4 comments:

  1. By reading your reflection I came to know that you have used PPT projection using LCD projector and Video on projector which I saw was very good of you. Moreover you have also attached short clips and Picture which would be a good evidence and proof in the part of teaching. For your improvement in future reflection I would suggest you to use google classroom, quizzes, web links and many more la.
    In the merit part it would be better if you stress specifically what were good parts of your integration of ICT. In my opinion I found it more of general as the advantage of integration of ICT in your teaching .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tshering, the way you use ICT tools with students is found to be the good part of your lesson. I feel that the tools you have used has brought an immense impact. This can be sense through your video clip. However, I would like to suggest you to use ict tools such as laptops or desktop computers to type letters and get hands on experience. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could visualize the teaching you have done through ICT, it might have brought great learning to your student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your valuable comments. I will keep note of your comments to be in operated in the lesson reflection la

    ReplyDelete

  Reflection on ICT integrated lesson for November month, 2021 Lesson information   It was on 9 th November, I taught lesson on two typ...